Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Sea and Seafood


I have to admit that one of the things I really enjoy about being at The Gardens House is relaxing and reading while looking at the ever changing seascapes. Seeing the migrating whales and dolphins is incredible. I remember once noticing what looked like a huge wake from a boat, but when I put the binoculars on it, it was a large pod of dolphins moving across the Bay of Fires. One year a large sea lion made the Bay his home and could be seen most days swimming and drifting.

Of course, the other alternative is to actually get out there in the water and look back at the land from the sea. Binalong Bay began life as a fishing village and there's a number of charter operations there and at St Helens. One of these is Professional Charters run by Rocky and Angela Carosi. The fishing is sensational - if you don't believe me, just check their photo gallery.

No comments:

Post a Comment